Maarij Wealth | Terms & Conditions
Maarij Wealth is not a regulated entity by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Maarij Wealth arranges deals in investment products for Private Clients, and makes arrangements with a view to transactions in such investments – in other words to act as an introducer.
The following Terms and Conditions of Business will apply to services supplied to you now and in the future, depending on any specific regulatory changes.
- Maarij Wealth does not offer advice to clients but arranges deals on behalf of clients in certain products on an execution-only or direct offer basis. Maarij Wealth also introduces clients to platform providers, who will then arrange deals as instructed by the client. Platform and product providers are responsible for safeguarding and administering investments, including specific charges to their products. Execution-only and direct offer transactions are carried out on the instructions of the client and Maarij Wealth has not given advice nor exercised any judgement on the client’s behalf as to the merits or suitability of the transaction for the client and Maarij Wealth has no intention of providing any advice.
- For the purposes of your client categorisation, and as per the FCA’s Retail Distribution Review (RDR directive), that is required by the FCA Rules, Maarij Wealth will treat you as a retail client. Maarij Wealth may also categorise as a retail client any client who would otherwise be a professional client or an eligible counterparty (as defined in the FCA rules). However, if you are such a client, then you may not have rights under the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If you are acting as an agent for someone else, Maarij Wealth will treat you alone as its client and you will be liable to Maarij Wealth in respect of transactions you conduct in such capacity.
- MAARIJ WEALTH DOES NOT HANDLE CLIENTS’ MONEY as defined by the FCA’s Client Money rule. Maarij Wealth never accepts a cheque made out to Maarij Wealth (unless it is a cheque in settlement of charges or disbursements for which the client has received a bill) nor cash.
- Maarij Wealth has implemented a conflicts of interest policy to ensure fair treatment of its clients under which it will not carry out transactions for clients in the products of companies or business entities in which Maarij Wealth or any director or employee or one of its other clients has a known significant personal interest unless that interest is first disclosed.
- Written communication or online instructions (including email instructions from an email address which you have provided to us) will normally be required before Maarij Wealth will act for the client but oral instructions at Maarij Wealth’s discretion will also be acceptable. Authority to act on behalf of the client may be terminated at any time without penalty by either party giving notice in writing or by e-mail to the other. Such termination will not affect the completion of any transaction already initiated on your behalf.
- Maarij Wealth acts as the client’s agent in arranging investments, and never owns investments.
- All investments will be registered in the name of the client(s). Contract notes and documents of title are normally sent direct to the client by the product provider, but if they have been sent to Maarij Wealth they will be forwarded to the client no later than the first business day following their receipt by Maarij Wealth. However, when a number of contract notes or documents relating to a series of transactions is involved, they may be retained by Maarij Wealth until the series is complete.
- All application forms, contract notes, cheques, certificates or documents of title may be sent by post at the client’s risk.
- Maarij Wealth accepts no liability to clients who purchase two ISAs in one fiscal year, or otherwise do not comply with ISA rules.
- Maarij Wealth may receive commission from product providers following arrangement of investments, and this is retained for Maarij Wealth’s benefit. The client will receive from the product provider, or from Maarij Wealth, information about the commission that Maarij Wealth receives. Maarij Wealth will inform the client of the amount of commission payable to Maarij Wealth on any investment it has arranged for the client. Maarij Wealth retains the right to share this commission with professional connections at its discretion. As this commission is retained, clients are not charged extra for arranging such contracts except by separate arrangement as agreed in advance with the client. If Maarij Wealth receives a commission or other form of benefit from the issuer of a security or from another intermediary, Maarij Wealth will disclose the amount received and the amount charged to the client.
- Please note that Maarij Wealth may vary the fees, commission charges and costs of its services from time to time or introduce a new charge in a clear, fair and transparent way in order to comply with any specific regulatory change impacting business operations. Any change to this agreement will be disclosed and formally communicated to you and will usually take the form of a completed application form, either written or online. However, if the fee or commission charge is part of a restructuring of the charges you are already paying, as a result of regulatory changes, then provided the overall cost to you remains unchanged or is lower, we will notify you in advance but will not require your written consent. Please note that unit cancellation may be used to pay for service charges.
- Units bought with no initial charge are usually bought at “Creation Price”, which comprises Bid Price plus Stamp Duty and other charges that Maarij Wealth cannot control or discount. Except for the commission charges, there is the possibility that other costs, including taxes on profits made, may arise for clients and these are not the responsibility of nor paid by Maarij Wealth.
- Maarij Wealth will supply, on demand, to the client or his agent, copies of contract notes, vouchers, and entries in books and records for a period of five years from the date of each transaction.
- Maarij Wealth maintains a professional indemnity insurance policy for the protection of clients in the event of negligence by any member or employee of Maarij Wealth, and details of this, including the current limits of indemnity, are available on request.
- Discounts and refunds are paid out of commission. In no circumstances will Maarij Wealth be liable to pay a discount in excess of the initial commission received. Discounts given on investments that do not proceed will be refundable by the client to Maarij Wealth.
- To prevent or detect fraud and Money Laundering activities, or to assist in verifying your identity, Maarij Wealth may make searches at credit reference or fraud prevention agencies or at the electoral register.
- You should assume that all telephone calls, website use and emails between you and Maarij Wealth will be recorded. These recordings will be the sole property of Maarij Wealth and may be used for training purposes or as evidence in the event of a dispute.
- Maarij Wealth and its agents may process any personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) provided by you in connection with the services provided. Your personal data includes any information which Maarij Wealth holds now or at any time in the future, which comes from, or relates to application forms or other dealings with us; third parties such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and the services you receive from Maarij Wealth. We may use your personal data to provide our services to you and for security, payment verification, preventing and detecting money laundering, fraud and other crime, for which purposes we may also pass on your personal data to third parties.
- Maarij Wealth may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time, by one-way notification via a durable medium. An up-to-date copy of Maarij Wealth’s in force Terms and Conditions can always be viewed at (www.maarijwealth.com)
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.